Antioch’s population will grow from 102,372 in 2010 to 115,580 in 2020
From Allen Payton
During its session on Tuesday evening, October 12, 2021, Antioch City Council will consider approving two additional areas for cannabis business overlay districts, including historic downtown Rivertown and the Somersville Road area. If approved, only retail cannabis stores would be allowed in the new areas. The regular meeting starts at 7:00 p.m. Cannabis Business Areas ACC101221
In addition, during a special / study session at 5:30 p.m., the council will review and discuss the criteria, dates and process for realigning the four council districts based on the 2020 census population. The current districts are based on the 2010 census. Since then, the city has grown from 102,372 to 115,580 inhabitants. This results in the ideal population of 28,895 inhabitants per district with a permitted deviation of +/- 5% or +/- 1,545 inhabitants per district. Trial Redistribution Council Meeting ACC101221
The city has hired the same consultant, Karin Mac Donald of Q2 Data & Research, who helped with the formation of the 2018 ward and the state redistribution processes in both 2011 and this year.
Members of the public can follow the meeting at https://www.antiochca.gov/live_stream, Comcast Channel 24, or AT&T U-Verse Channel 99.
Members of the public who wish to make a public comment can do so in one of the following ways (# 2 refers to the Zoom webinar):
- Fill out an online speaker card until 3 p.m. on the day of the council meeting to be found at: https://www.antiochca.gov/speaker_card.
- Make oral public comments during the meeting by clicking the link below to pre-register for access to the meeting via the Zoom webinar: https://www.antiochca.gov/speakers
– You will be asked to enter an email address and name. Your email address will not be given to the public. After registration, you will receive an email with instructions on how to connect to the meeting.
– If the mayor announces public comments, click on the “Raise hand” function in Zoom. Instructions on how to use the Raise Hand feature in Zoom can be found at: https://www.antiochca.gov/raise_hand. When dialing into the meeting using the Zoom webinar phone number, press * 9 on your phone keypad to raise your hand. Please make sure your Zoom client is updated so the staff can activate your microphone when it is your turn.
- Email comments to email@example.com until 3 p.m. on the day of the council meeting. The comment will be read into the minutes at the meeting (maximum 350 words, up to 3 minutes, at the mayor’s discretion). IMPORTANT: Include the agenda item in the subject line of your email if the comment is an announcement of community events, a public comment, or a specific agenda item number. Nobody is allowed to comment more than once on an item on the agenda or on “Public Comments”.
Receive all emails until 3 p.m. on the day of the council meeting is entered in the protocol
for the meeting.
The speakers will be notified shortly before they are called.
the attachments to this post:
Current districts of the Council of Antioch 2018
Trial Redistribution Council Meeting ACC101221
Cannabis Business Units ACC101221
This entry was posted on Monday, October 11th, 2021 at 9:13 pm and is filed under News, Politics & Elections, Cannabis, City Council. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a reply or trackback from your own website.