Bogotá-based cannabis product company Khiron Life Sciences Corp. (TSXV: KHRN) (OTCQX: KHRNF) (Frankfurt: A2JMZC) has announced several promising statistics on its activity, derived from product sales and exports, as well as from its medical treatment centers in Zerenia. As part of Khiron’s unique, vertically integrated model, the company controls its supply chain from its farm in Tolima, Colombia, to its medical centers in Zerenia and to packaged prescription and consumer goods.
“Our integrated clinic model continues to connect patients, doctors and insurance companies and help improve patient outcomes. The integrated approach of a medical clinic offers a range of treatments and services, including medical cannabis, that help patients save time and money by eliminating the need to travel to receive customized treatments. Almost half of our patients are now covered, a huge improvement since our first covered prescription in December 2020, ”said CEO Alvaro Torres
- Medical cannabis prescriptions rose more than 40% from the second quarter of 2021
- Since the start of the year, medical cannabis prescriptions have surpassed 35,000 units, 600% more than for all of fiscal 2020
- The total number of medical cannabis patients rose to over 9,600 in the third quarter, a 32% increase from the second quarter of 2021
- 62% of patients in the third quarter were recurring patients, 35% more than in the second quarter of 2021
- 47% of the units sold were insured
- New satellite clinics accounted for 10% of prescriptions
- Europe generated 30% of the company’s sales with medicinal cannabis in the third quarter of 2021
- Revenue growth in Germany by more than 80% and in Great Britain probably by more than 70% compared to the previous quarter
- The company has increased its import volumes in the UK to ensure uninterrupted care for all Khiron patients
- The number of patient visits to Khiron clinics so far this year has exceeded 104,000, surpassing all patient visits in 2020
- Healthcare revenues are steadily returning to normal in the Zerenia clinics as the pandemic measures subside
- Total Quarterly Patient Visits to Zerenia Increased 18% Quarterly
- Khiron will expand its flagship clinic brand, Zerenia, to the UK, with the first Zerenia opening in London in the fourth quarter of 2021.
“By the end of the third quarter, the company had made steady strides to make medical cannabis easier for more patients. Europe is starting to become an important market for the company and we will shortly be opening our first Zerenia medical cannabis clinic in the UK, ”added Torres.
Investor conferences in October
Khiron also announced that she will be attending the MJBIZ conference on Thursday, October 14th at 4:00 p.m. ET as a member of the panel, “The Latin American Cannabis Supply Chain: Do’s, Don’ts, and Industry Domination,” as well as the Benziga Cannabis. will attend the Capital Conference on October 15 at 3:45 p.m. ET along with a virtual interview with Khiron board member and former President of Mexico, Mr. Vicente Fox: Thursday, October 14 & 15 at 1:10 p.m. ET
The panel, which Khiron will host, will be titled “International Spotlight – Continuous Cannabis Expansion in European Markets” and will take place on Friday, October 15 at 2:10 pm ET. instead of
Share your thoughts: